Friday, March 25, 2005

Nothin' But Blue Skies

I have always been a believer in the power of positive thinking. Not that I pratice it as often as I should, but I feel everyone who generally has a positive outlook on their situation tends to handle things better. Sometimes I just need a gentle reminder of this.
When I awoke this morning, my room was awash in the beautiful red, pink and purple glow of the sunrise. Normally the alarm would go off, rudely suggesting the beginning of another day, but not this morning. Today was different. I woke easily from a dreamless sleep, and opened my eyes to discover the brilliance that was streaming into my window. "Wow" I whispered in awe, as I nudged Levi awake, so he too could enjoy this.
It was then that I realized that something felt different. We were alone in the big bed. Connor had slept all night in his own bed! And his fever of six days had finally, finally broken. I wanted to weep with joy.
Spring is in the air. I am loved, and have many to love. And I am reminded once again that the beauty of life is in the everyday things that surround us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girly. I am glad that the little man is feeling better now. I love it when I awake to the sun shining on my face. No better feeling!
Lisa