Thursday, July 28, 2005

My Summer Vacation

I can't believe it's been a month since my last post!! What exactly have I been up to then, instead of writing?

Well, there's been a trip to Fredericton. There's been a cast on Terran's arm. There's been wedding invitations printed and delivered. A bunch of brochures for my classes were created and printed. An ad for the local Arts & Entertainment magazine also designed and printed. We've been dealing with high humidity, low energy, heat waves, cool showers, beach days, rain days, outdoor dining, bored kids, a temperamental BBQ, the building of a swing set, un-bored kids (yay!), bridal showers (not mine), more beach days, sand in the car, sand in the tub, sandwiches, (almond butter & jam!), picnics in the back yard, dog hair in the house, thunder storms, the dog upstairs ( a no-no), and a bunch of other stuff. Mainly wedding stuff.

So, it's eight weeks until the wedding. This is the part where I should be saying: "Everything is falling into place." "Um, well, it's getting there" is more likely to describe things. The invites to the wedding are out, the responses are starting to come in, and the invites to the dance will go out next week I think. The tuxes have been ordered, and Levi and Terran measured. I'm jealous now, because he's basically done. He just has to go in and try it on when it comes in and that's it. Done.

Me on the other hand, I'm a wreck. The dresses haven't even been started yet. (Not even my wedding dress!!) I can't find the right fabric for the bridesmaids dresses in the right color. Everything I look at seems too dark or too light. I haven't made any arrangements yet for a cake or for flowers. I have no idea if and when there is going to be a bridal shower, (I'm not a huge fan of surprises... I like to be prepared...) We still haven't picked out where we want to go for our honeymoon, who's going to watch the kids, or even where we are going to spend our wedding night.
I guess weddings have been planned in shorter time than this, but I'm really starting to stress over this. I mean, I'm having nightmares of me sitting at a sewing machine the night before the wedding trying to make a wedding dress! The other night, I dreamed that the cost of the tux rentals was going to be around two thousand dollars!!! I awoke in a cold sweat from that one...

As much as I'm trying really hard to enjoy this time, I will be so glad when this whole "wedding thing" is all over. Some women go totally nuts to have the "perfect wedding" and put so much emphasis on the whole "it's my day" crap. I just want to be married to the greatest guy in the world. Last night, he came home from his ball game with a beautiful bunch of wild flowers that he had picked for me. No special reason, he just thought I'd like them. Like I said, the greatest guy in the world...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice blog. I don't think I am the greatest guy in the world though... well not lately. I can't wait for all of this weddin' stuff to be over so we can go back to enjoying each other again without worrying about how much time we have left or how much the tuxes are going to cost. It is starting to stress me out. I can't wait to wake up beside you every morning as my wife, and just enjoy being in the moment with you... the way we used to be. I miss that. That is all for now.

Me

Anonymous said...

Awww, I miss that too... too late to elope now, huh? Pretty soon things will start to settle back to normal again... I can't wait for the late fall, when we can sit out on the verandah again, sipping hot chocolate as we watch the kids playing in the leaves, their noses running from the crisp air, or early winter when you are sitting in your chair with a steaming mug of coffee beside you, carving your latest project for Christmas... All these things are what makes us "Us", and I am so thankful for you and our family. I know it seems like money is always scarce, but I feel like we have so much more than what money could buy. As long as we have love, each other, and our family, the rest will fall into place.

Anonymous said...

hey i know someone who could make you a wedding cake.. (mememememe) Call me amy and we will catch up and talk wedding cake,,,, Tracey M

Anonymous said...

Tracey!
I totally didn't even think about you making the cake... and being a chef... duh! I'll give you a call girlie! Whoo Hoo! Let them eat cake!!!