Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My Bad!

Since Connor learned how to use the toilet, he has always sat down to do whatever it is that needs to be done. He probably should learn to pee standing up. His dad isn't here though and I don't have the "equipment" to show him how. I've tried once or twice to get him to go standing up, but he's more comfortable sitting. No biggie, he's only 3, right?

Last week (I think it was Saturday maybe?) we were at the Dollar Store and he had to go pee. We found our way to the staff washrooms behind the store and he proceeded to sit down and do his thing. Only he was so busy looking around and asking questions that he forgot to uh...point it downwards into the bowl. So yeah, it kinda went straight onto the back of his underwear and soaked them.

I took them off him, and since his pants were pulled down lower than his undies, they were still dry, so he went commando under the pants. I rinsed his undies in the sink, wrapped them in a huge wad of paper towel and put them in my purse. (They're Bob the Builder!!)

Today I was searching for my Lip Balm and remembered that I left it in my purse. I found Connor's underwear still wrapped in the wad of paper towel - in my purse where I put it FOUR days ago.

I need a new purse.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats too funny. I'm sure that smelled great!

Anonymous said...

That's is just too funny. Poor Connor. And poor purse!!

By the way, HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY Kayla. Sweet 16! Wow I remember that time. Hope it was a great day.

Tanya said...

hahaha!! oh my...that's funny.

the kids' sitter told me a good way to get them used to facing the "wrong way" to pee. she sat her boys on the toilet facing backwards so they could "watch" themselves pee, and from there they learned to stand. could you try that? cael has peed that way and thought it was pretty cool!

Amy said...

Is it a bad thing that I refer to it now as the "pissy purse?" LOL! Thanks for the great idea Tanya! I'll be sure to try it! I also heard of tossing a few Cheerios in the loo and letting them use those as "target parctice". Has anyone ever tried that one and does it work?

Tanya said...

pissy purse...love it!

i haven't tried the cheerios in the toilet, but i will be! as long as i can keep little brother out of the bathroom. i can see him fishing the damn things out so he could eat them. piggie...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! That's totally something I would do. If my kid was old enough for underwear. I can't wait to put him in cute little toddler boxers.

I'll add you to my blogroll ~ thanks for coming over!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I have family on the island.
Can't wait to go back again. It's so beautiful!
One of them, Tara, blogs here:
http://mothergoddess.wordpress.com/

;-)

DaniGirl said...

Oy, your poor purse!

My almost-five year old has yet to stand up to pee. It only really bugs me in a public washroom, because he tends to touch the seat with his hands, which trips my germ-phobia. Ick!

Amy said...

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Kayla, I'll make you take him next time. You've got a nice big purse! ;)

Honey, you've got some work to do when you get back home! LOL!

Hey Marina! It's funny how he loves to run around in the buff but hated to have no underwear on under his pants. The funny thing was that they were his "army camo" pants. The ones his Nanna calls his commando pants!

Tanya, that's too funny! He wouldn't really do that though, would he?

Hi Danigirl! Thanks for the comment! Funny you should mention the germ thing. I tried to get him to stand up at first because I feel the same way. *shudder* My new citrus Purell was also in my purse. :(

Welcome Much More than a Mom! Thanks for your comments too! I'd love to be able to find little boxers here! Old Navy is the only place I can think of that might have some...I definitely think that little boys should not wear tightie whities. They never stay white! Thanks for the link to Tara's blog too- I'll check that out for sure!