Friday, January 02, 2009

In With the New - The Rest of 2008

...was a blur really. Being busy will do that to a girl.

July 2008

We picked the first Strawberries from our garden. In a word - Delicious!
We ate a LOT of Strawberry Spinach Salad. It really doesn't get any fresher than this!
We made castles in the sand.
We skipped stones and enjoyed nature's beauty.

August 2008

It rained!!! And, it was the month of Horse Shows
and trophies.
Terran prepares for High School
and my very tanned sister Crissy moved to Alberta.

September 2008

This was The Month of New Starts. Terran started High School, Maddie started grade 6 and Connor started Homeschool Kindergarten.
We started a little thing called The Bathroom Reno.
My baby sister Kayla went away to College in Ontario
and I started taking care of children at home.

Oh! We celebrated our 3rd Wedding Anniversary too!

October 2008

We finally had Sunflowers and Pumpkins, Pumpkin Pies and Chicken Pot Pies...I have Pie Crust Issues. Please send Help. Thank You.
Kayla came home for Thanksgiving.
Terran needed a haircut.
Connor got pneumonia
and we were finally getting closer to having a completed bathroom. Almost.

November 2008

My oldest boy turned Fifteen. And still really needed a haircut.
Levi turned...older than legal drinking age.
My mom left for Alberta and had her birthday also.
WE FINISHED THE BATHROOM RENO!!! We went from this
to this in three very long months. It was totally worth the wait though.

December 2008

Did you think I was going to go on forever? I was beginning to think I might...

We got new windows and doors, and SOMEBODY finally got a haircut!
We decorated the house and settled in to celebrate Christmas with friends and family. And the pets of course.
The kids told stories by the fire - Kayla was home for the holidays
and so was Levi's sister, Martina.
We had a wonderful Christmas - Levi's parents, Martina and her husband Reg, my mom and Kayla were all here to share it with us. I truly felt blessed and happy to be where I am.

This past year certainly has been one filled with changes, and despite the many challenges, I feel ready to embrace whatever the New Year has to offer.
Wishing you and your loved ones all the best in 2009!

~Amy

No comments: