Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Anniversary Edition

Three years ago I promised to love my best friend forever.



Three years ago I was moved to tears as he placed a ring on each of my two children's fingers and promised in a broken voice to always love them and cherish them as they were his own.


Three years ago I saw him for what he really was, an incredible man with a heart bigger than life itself, a man with the capacity to love me despite my many flaws.




Three years ago I thought I would die without him by my side.


Three years ago I considered myself the luckiest woman alive, simply because he had chosen to share the rest of his life with me.


Three years ago I would fall in love with him all over again, every time I caught a glimpse of those dimples and that charming grin.


Three years ago...

I still do.

No comments: